American Banker Webinar on credit invisibles + financial inclusion - JUNE 2
Lenders have long desired to find ways to accurately expand financial inclusion opportunities in a safe and sound manner. And yet, there is a widening racial divide among who is determined to be creditworthy and who is not. By applying more advanced, proven tools and research, lenders can have a positive impact on both communities of color and their businesses.
On Wednesday, June 2 @ 2pm EDT, join VantageScore Solutions and Morgan Stanley for the American Banker webinar "Credit Invisible No Longer: Racial Disparities in Lending", based on recent research from both companies. Webinar attendees will understand the profile of consumers who are considered “credit invisibles” (i.e., those who are typically not scored using legacy credit scoring models) and the opportunity to lend to them. Presenters also will dive deep into how access to homeownership has been limited for minority borrowers and the wide impact of that disparity.
Specifically, the following topics will be covered:
- Who are the so called “credit invisibles,” where do they live, what is their income and other critically misunderstood characteristics;
- The latest data on how these borrowers perform after they are extended credit in all major lending categories (e.g., bankcard, student, auto and mortgage);
- How home loan application denials for Black and Hispanic applicants are disproportionately high;
- The opportunity that closing the racial homeownership gap represents and downstream impact on job opportunities and tax revenue gains.
- Dr. Emre Sahingur, Senior Vice President, Predictive Analytics, Research and Product management, VantageScore Solutions
- Allison Binns, Executive Director, Research, Morgan Stanley
- Jim Egan, Co-Head Securitized Products and Strategy, Morgan Stanley
- Michael Sisk, Contributing Editor, American Banker (moderator)