Credit With a Conscience
- Scoring approximately 96% of the adult population in the United States.
- Researching drivers of credit inequality.
- Researching impact of alternative data.
- Funding programs to encourage greater reporting of rent and utility payment information.
- Supporting students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Providing creative credit education.
More Data = Greater Inclusivity
VantageScore’s research has proven conclusively that greater reporting of rent and utility payment information enables greater financial inclusion and consumer credit health.
VantageScore was an early funder and supporter of the Rent Reporting Technical Assistance Center, which was developed by Credit Builders Alliance to enable reporting of more rent and utility payment information. This free resource provides training and education for landlords and renters interested in how to make sure rental payments are reported to credit bureaus—and reflected in consumer credit scores.
Supporting HBCUs Along with HomeFree-USA
"Partnering with VantageScore will allow students attending HBCUs the opportunity to build their money management and leadership skills, while they learn about credit and building wealth,” said Marcia Griffin, president of HomeFree-USA. “As the largest Black-Owned Housing Counseling organization in America, we strongly believe in the role of education to bridge financial strength and career success for people of color across America."
Education Outside the Box
The credit-scoring industry has often been described as secretive and limiting what consumers can know about their credit score.
VantageScore emphasizes transparency and explain-ability to enable consumers to take control of their credit health.